" "" "
The story begins in the 1890 decade, when a carriage fair where fruits and vegetables were sold was installed in the area. Part of the market was opened in 1907 and in 1934 the actual building was finished. In 1937 the building received the “Premio Municipal de Fachadas” price, for its innovative arquitecture at that time. The Abasto Market was the biggest in the city and kept functioning until 1984. Then, in 1998, the building opened its doors once again, recycled as a shopping mall that counts with movie theaters, a kids’ museum, games, stores, restaurants and a gastronomic area.